This route takes you through the Nagarjun forest, located on the second highest hill in the Kathmandu Valley. While cruising through the winding trails, you can catch glimpses of the Mt. Manaslu and Ganesh Himal.Now the downhill begins, retrace the main trail for 3 km then head right which will take you too very deep jungle, from the army check post you can enjoy the panoramic views of Manasalu and Ganesh Himal. From here the single track fun begins with a fast descent. After the single track, 6km of sweeping flat trail takes us out of the jungle and back to the main road at Mudkhu where you can stop for a while and take a break. From this place you can follow cross country trails and fun single tracks before getting back to Kathmandu.
What is included in the tour
- Guide with First Aid Kit and Mechanical Backup
- Necessary bicycle permit fee
- Packed Lunch
- Bicycle and helmet & bike accessories
- Entrance fees (of Temples, Monastery)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Expenses of personal nature
- Mineral water/Soft and hard drinks
- Emergency evacuation fee
- Uphill cycling through dense Nagarjun forest inside the National park.
- Breath taking view of Kathmandu valley and snow capped mountain
- Visit Holy place once meditated by great master Nagarjuna
Day 01: Kathmandu – Balaju – Nagarjuna – Kathmandu
After breakfast, Guide will pick you up from hotel, begin your ride through Kathmandu busy traffic toward Balaju Temple and start climbing uphill toward the bottom of Nagarjuna Hill. Reached Goldunga. Enter National park through Army check-point and start uphill ascend through dense forest, opportunity to see varieties of flora and fauna. After 2 hours of uphill ride, you will reach top of the hill overlooking entire Kathmandu valley and mountain rages in clear weather. Enjoy packed lunch before descending downhill back to hotel. You are not allowed to take anything from the park.